Find out more about our terms and conditions. On this page, you can read all about Cleanrite's terms and conditions.
Article 1. Definitions
- Customer means every visitor to the CleanRite web site or every natural person who enters into an agreement with CleanRite via the CleanRite web shop.
- Products shall be understood to be all CleanRite articles included in the sales range of the CleanRite webshop.
Article 2. Applicability
- All offers, orders, agreements and deliveries of CleanRite shall be subject to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale (hereinafter: Terms and Conditions), to the exclusion of any other general terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions can also be consulted on the Internet, see: https://CleanRite.eu/algemene-voorwaarden/.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to any contact between CleanRite and its customers, regardless of the means of communication used.
- Accepting an offer or placing an order means that the Customer accepts the applicability of these terms and conditions.
- Deviations from these terms and conditions are only possible if CleanRite has explicitly agreed to this in writing, in which case the other provisions shall remain in full force.
- If Customer also refers to its general terms and conditions, these shall not be applicable unless CleanRite has expressly agreed to this in writing.
- All rights and claims stipulated in these Terms and Conditions and in any further agreements for the benefit of CleanRite, shall likewise be stipulated for the benefit of any intermediaries and other third parties engaged by CleanRite.
- As far as these terms and conditions have been drawn up in a language other than Dutch, the Dutch text shall be decisive in case of differences.
Article 3. Offers/Agreements
- All offers made by CleanRite shall be without any obligation and CleanRite expressly reserves the right to change the prices, in particular when this is required by (legal) regulations, with due observance of the stipulations in Article 3.2.
- An agreement shall only be concluded after acceptance of the order of customer by CleanRite. CleanRite shall be entitled to refuse orders or to attach certain conditions to the delivery, unless explicitly stated otherwise. If an order is not accepted, CleanRite shall inform Customer thereof within ten (10) working days after receipt of the order.
Article 4. Prices and payments
- The prices stated for the products offered are in Euros, including VAT and excluding handling and shipping costs, any taxes or other levies, unless stated otherwise or agreed upon in writing.
- If the prices for the offered products increase in the period between the order and the execution thereof, Customer shall be entitled to cancel the order or to dissolve the agreement within ten (10) days after CleanRite has announced the price increase.
- In some cases there are action prices. Action prices are only valid for a certain period as long as stocks last.
- The shipping and handling costs for orders up to € 20,00 (including VAT) are 2,99 for deliveries within the Netherlands. Orders from € 20.00 with a destination within the Netherlands will be delivered for free.
Article 5. Delivery
- Orders shall be delivered as soon as possible. CleanRite strives to deliver orders within 48 hours (excluding weekends). The stock indication mentioned on the internet site is only indicative and does not count as a fatal term.
- Deliveries are only made in the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany. At the moment, we are unfortunately unable to deliver any orders with a different destination.
- If the delivery is delayed due to (temporary) lack of stock, or for other reasons, or if an order cannot or can only be partially carried out, the customer will be informed as soon as possible but no later than thirty (30) days after he has placed the order. In that case, customer has the right to cancel the order without any costs.
- Deliveries will be made to the address specified by the customer in his order unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing afterwards.
- As soon as the products to be delivered have been delivered to the given delivery address, the risk regarding these products is transferred to customer.
Article 6. Retention of Title
- Notwithstanding the actual delivery, the ownership of delivered products shall not be transferred to Customer until Customer has paid all amounts due by Customer to CleanRite under any agreement. This includes payment of interest and costs, also of earlier or later deliveries.
- Customer may not encumber, sell, resell or otherwise encumber the Products before the ownership thereof has been transferred.
Article 7. Cooling-off period and right of withdrawal
- Customer is obliged to check the shipment immediately upon receipt and verify that the delivered products meet the purchase agreement. In the unlikely event that products do not comply, the customer must report this within seven (7) working days of delivery.
- For transactions with consumer buyers, which have been established through a webshop, the customer has the right to exercise a right of withdrawal without penalty and without giving reasons within seven working days after delivery of the product in question. On the CleanRite.eu website it is described under FAQ's how this right of withdrawal should be exercised.
- In case customer has exercised his right of withdrawal as mentioned in 6.2 CleanRite.eu shall ensure that any prepaid purchase price minus a contribution to the shipping costs shall be refunded to customer within thirty (30) days after the withdrawal.
Article 8. Warranty
- The guarantee on the products is equal to the guarantee offered by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee claims can be made by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, stating the customer number, invoice number and a description of the problem. Or you can call (+31) 020-2614883 and the above details are at your fingertips.
- The invoice is proof of the guarantee.
- The warranty does not apply if the damage is caused by injudicious use of the product.
Article 9. Communication
- CleanRite shall not be liable for any misunderstandings, delays or improper transmission of orders and messages resulting from the use of the Internet or any other means of communication between customer and CleanRite, or between CleanRite and third parties, as far as the relationship between customer and CleanRite is concerned, except if and insofar as CleanRite is guilty of intent or gross negligence.
Article 10. Force Majeure
- In case of Force Majeure CleanRite shall have the right, without prejudice to its other rights, and at its own discretion, to either suspend the execution of the order, or to dissolve the agreement without any judicial intervention, by informing Customer thereof in writing, without being obliged to pay any compensation, unless in the given circumstances this would be unacceptable according to the standards of reasonableness and fairness.
- Force majeure shall be understood to mean any circumstance beyond CleanRite's control preventing it from fulfilling its obligations to Customer in full or in part.
- If CleanRite has already partially fulfilled the agreement, Customer shall pay the sales price of the Products delivered.
Article 11. Intellectual and industrial property rights
- Customer shall fully and unconditionally respect all intellectual and industrial property rights of CleanRite.
- Customer shall not be allowed to copy, partly or wholly alter, or provide the delivered Products with another brand name or packaging, or use the brand in any other way, or register it in his own name.
- CleanRite does not guarantee that the Products delivered to Customer do not infringe upon any (unwritten) intellectual and/or industrial property right of a third party.
Article 12. Privacy statement
- CleanRite shall only process Customer's personal data in accordance with its privacy statement, which forms an inseparable part of these terms and conditions.
Article 13. Applicable law and competent court
- All rights, obligations, offers, orders, agreements and deliveries to which these Terms and Conditions apply, as well as these Terms and Conditions, shall be exclusively governed by Dutch law.
- All disputes between parties shall be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.
Article 14. Identity of CleanRite
- CleanRite is a registered trademark and property of Karsten International BV.
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:30
Phone number: (+31) 020-2614883
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
KVK number: 52915026
VAT identification number: NL 8506.63.416.B01
Hi, can we help you with something? You can send us a message via (web)-whatsapp. Rather speak to someone by phone? We are available on working days between 09:00 and 17:30 on +31 20 261 48 83.